TOOLS AND INFORMATION
STIWatch’s Resource list offers a range of material on the status of STI vaccine and diagnostics research, development and availability.
STI Clinical Trials Database
The STI Clinical Trials Dashboard provides information about trials focused on vaccines, diagnostics, and the use of doxycycline post-exposure prophylaxis (DoxyPEP) to detect, treat, and prevent chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, herpes simplex virus (HSV), human papillomavirus, syphilis and trichomoniasis infections. View the database here.
- WHO Fact Sheet on Vaccines
- AVAC’s Fact Sheet on sexually transmitted infections
- Roadmap for new STI vaccines: The World Health Organization, the US National Institutes of Health, and global partners have published a comprehensive roadmap for development of new STI vaccines.
- Diagnostics landscape for sexually transmitted infections: The World Health Organization published a new report highlighting diagnostics available now to support scale-up and expanded access to screening to meet the growing testing demands in low- and middle-income countries.
- Point-of-care tests for sexually transmitted infections — target product profiles: The World Health Organizations’ guide to facilitate the development of quality STI diagnostics.